This item is equipped in one of a players' five accessory slots, and creates a non-solid, white grid on the screen, in measurements of 1x1 blocks, meaning that players can easily calculate the width and height, as well as areas, of buildings/structures, etc. It offers no bonuses to the player, aside from altering their display quite drastically.
- It is recommended to only use it during construction, or at times when it might otherwise be useful, as the grid will heavily obstruct your vision.
- When the F11 hotkey is used to remove the HUD, the ruler's grid is removed as well.
- It can be useful for locating Mimics underground, often they will be a few pixels off the grid.
- It can be used to help you fire gun shots between blocks due to it's grid format.
- With a Harp (or Magical Harp), you can use it to play tunes more easily.
- An effect similar to the effect of the Ruler is always present on the Mobile Version. This is most likely why the Ruler is not available in the Mobile Version.
- Added to the game.