The Rune set is a Hardmode vanity set consisting of the Rune Hat and Rune Robe. It is always dropped together by the Rune Wizard, a rare Underground Hardmode enemy. Wearing the full set causes the player to emit a pulse effect, as well as a bright orange and green particle effect from their feet when walking. The particles are visible in darkness but do not emit light onto other objects.
- The particle trail must be dyed by applying dye to boots, not the armor set.
- Boots worn while the Rune Robe is equipped will not appear visible on the character.
- Equipping the Rune Hat creates a small "shadow" of a few pixels under the character icon on the minimap. The Wizard Hat also does this.
- Unlike the Wizard Hat, dropped by Tim, who appears to be a pre-Hardmode equivalent of the Rune Wizard, the Rune Hat and Rune Robes do not grant any stats when equipped in the armor slot.
- The Rune Hat is a recolor of the Wizard's Hat.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprites updated to match Desktop 1.3.2. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprites updated to match Desktop 1.3.2. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.