The Sandgun's ammo is sand, which is affected by gravity, so it's possible to hit oneself. When the sand projectile hits any object, it will turn into a clump that will gather on the ground, making the ammo reusable. It can very quickly cause a mess, hence why it is banned on most online servers. However, it can be effective in creating walls and blocking off entrances.
- With the effects of Necro Armor or the hardmode ranged sets (chance not to use ammo) combined with the sand gun, a player can theoretically generate an infinite amount of sand, Ebonsand Blocks, Pearlsand Blocks, and Crimsand Blocks.
- Ebonsand, Pearlsand, and Crimsand Blocks can go through the enemies while regular sand can't.
- An easy method of obtaining the Antlion Mandibles is visiting a desert biome with a Battle Potion and/or Water Candle, due to the increased spawn rate. All Antlion monsters have the ability to drop Antlion Mandibles with 33% chance.
- Despite the Sandgun's 30 damage, Sand has -1 damage value, resulting in 29 base damage.
- When shooting at an area where an object is in the background but still using the space, the sand that drops from the projectile will disappear.
- Sometimes firing the Sandgun in multiplayer, the server will kick you with the phrase "Trying to place impossible blocks", possibly because of the aforementioned bug.
- The Sandgun's texture uses the Illegal Gun Parts' texture for most of the gun. The barrel and the handle use the Illegal Gun Parts' texture.
- Despite the cost to obtain this weapon, it has a ridiculously low sell value, meaning it's easier to obtain modifiers because reforging cost is lowered.
- Crimsand can now be used as ammo.
- Damage increased from 10 to 30.
- Speed increased from Fast to Very Fast.
- Can use Pearlsand and Ebonsand Blocks as ammo.
- Added to the game.