Sandstone Blocks are found naturally-placed in the Underground Desert biome. Sandstone blocks don't affect whether an area qualifies as an Underground Desert biome. The only qualification for such a biome's enemies to spawn is a naturally generated sandstone wall. Like Sand and Hardened Sand, it is a corruptable block in Hardmode, and has Corruption, Crimson, and Hallowed counterparts: Ebonsandstone, Crimsandstone, and Pearlsandstone respectively.
It can be crafted into Smooth Sandstone, which then can be crafted into various furniture items.
total: 4 row(s)
total: 6 row(s)
- Even though Sandstone Blocks will not create an Underground Desert biome, its biome-specific counterparts will create and spread their respective biomes.
- Only normal Sandstone Blocks can be turned into Smooth Sandstone. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed counterparts can only be made into walls.
- Antlion Eggs will slowly regrow on normal Sandstone Blocks located below the surface layer, even if they are not within the Underground Desert.
- A player equipped with Dunerider Boots will be able to run faster while standing on any type of Sandstone Block.
- Oddly enough, it cannot be used to make Sandstone Brick and Sandstone Slab, despite the similarity in names.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.