Sandstone Blocks are found naturally-placed in the Underground Desert biome. Sandstone blocks don't affect whether an area qualifies as an Underground Desert biome. The only qualification for such a biome's enemies to spawn is a naturally generated sandstone wall. Like Sand and Hardened Sand, it is a corruptable block in Hardmode, and has Corruption, Crimson, and Hallowed counterparts: Ebonsandstone, Crimsandstone, and Pearlsandstone respectively.
It can be crafted into Smooth Sandstone, which then can be crafted into various furniture items.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Antlion Eggs ()||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
|Crimsandstone Wall (4) ( )||Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
|Ebonsandstone Wall (4) ( )|
|Pearlsandstone Wall (4) ( )|
|Sandstone Wall (4) ( )|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though Sandstone Blocks will not create an Underground Desert biome, its biome-specific counterparts will create and spread their respective biomes.
- Only normal Sandstone Blocks can be turned into Smooth Sandstone. On the Desktop version and Mobile version, Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed counterparts can only be made into walls.
- Antlion Eggs will slowly regrow on normal Sandstone Blocks located below the surface layer, even if they are not within the Underground Desert.
- A player equipped with Dunerider Boots will be able to run faster while standing on any type of Sandstone Block.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Oddly enough, it cannot be used to make Sandstone Brick and Sandstone Slab, despite the similarity in names.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.