|Knockback||2.25 (Very weak)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
- Sawtooth Shark
The Sawtooth Shark is a type of chainsaw that can be found when fishing in an Ocean biome. It can be caught at a rate of 1/100 with 50% Fishing Power and 1/50 with 100% Fishing Power. In terms of axe power, it is equal to the Cobalt Chainsaw.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Note[edit | edit source]
- It is the fastest "axe" in pre-hardmode, with a fixed mining speed of 4, compared to 12 for the Molten Hamaxe with the Light modifier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sawtooth Shark is the only Pre-Hardmode Chainsaw.
- There are three fish tools that can be obtained through fishing: the Sawtooth Shark, the Reaver Shark (a pickaxe), and the Rockfish (a hammer).
- For a list of all usable and equipable items that can be obtained through fishing, see Other fishing catches.
- The Sawtooth Shark makes a buzzing noise when in use, despite not being able to have any motor.
- The Sawtooth Shark is a reference to the real world species of sharks, similar to the sawfish. Both of which have sideways rows of teeth on their upper jaws similar to the titular saw.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- All drills and chainsaws now dig faster than their non-mechanical counterparts, but have shorter range.
- Additionally, optimized digging loadouts still perform better on pickaxes/axes, but drills and chainsaws will be faster on non-optimized loadouts.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.