|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||A narrow explosion that will destroy most tiles|
Explosion aims away from your position
- Scarab Bomb
The Scarab Bomb is a sticky thrown explosive used for mining large shafts. Once stuck to a block, it will explode after 3 seconds, creating a 21-tile long and 3-tile wide shaft facing directly away from the player. It can be crafted with a Bomb and a piece of Sturdy Fossil, found in Oasis Crates, or found in Pots and Chests in the Underground Desert.
total: 1 row(s)
- The angle a Scarab Bomb will detonate in is indicated by the particles coming from the front and rear of the bomb, and will always point away from the player even after being thrown. Moving perpendicular to the bomb while waiting for it to detonate can mess up the intended angle, or be used to limit the damage if a bomb is thrown by mistake.
- Even though the explosion aims away from the player, it can damage a player if they are less than a tile or two away from the bomb.
- The characteristic, linear shaft created by a Scarab Bomb's explosion makes the bombs useful for several different situations:
- Desert Fossil in the Underground Desert often forms in flattish lodes that can be cleared layer by layer with Scarab Bombs. Note that processing Desert Fossil in an Extractinator will yield an average of about one Sturdy Fossil for every 8 Desert Fossil, allowing easy replacement of the Bombs used for harvesting.
- In the Dungeon, they are useful for clearing the Spikes lining covered pits. In this context, the explosion-proof nature of Dungeon Bricks becomes an advantage.
- When fired downwards, they are useful for creating hellevator shafts quickly. Creating multiple hellevators also helps containing the evil biome in Hardmode.
- Any kind of layered farm can be quickly set up with the help of Scarab Bombs, e.g. for herbs, Plantera's Bulbs, etc.
- A spoiler posted to the Official Terraria Forums mentions the Scarab Bomb. The flavor text reads: "Unique to the Desert Biome and descended from the ancient beetles of legend, these handy helpers make digging long tunnels or shafts a breeze!"
- The color palette, particularly the blue fire and purple shell, as well as the visual design in general, bear resemblance to the Covenant technology in the video game series Halo. The Scarab is a large mining device in the universe of Halo.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.