|Damage||70 / 64 / 57 (Melee)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||A powerful javelin that unleashes tiny eaters|
- Eater's Bite
- Tiny Eater
|Eater's Bite impact|
The Scourge of the Corruptor is a Hardmode post-Plantera weapon that fires projectiles. It is always found inside the Dungeon's Corruption Chest in Corruption worlds (Crimson worlds will not have one but will instead have a Crimson Chest containing Vampire Knives). A Corruption Key is needed to open the Corruption Chest.
The Scourge of the Corruptor fires an Eater's Bite, a fast javelin head that looks like a small Eater of Souls, then splits into 2–4 / 2–5 Tiny Eaters upon impact with a solid block or enemy. These smaller projectiles have homing capabilities, can travel approximately 700 feet, and ricochet up to 5 times before dissipating. Both the Eater's Bite and Tiny Eaters are unaffected by gravity.
The Scourge of the Corruptor is a melee weapon and benefits from armor and accessories that provide melee bonuses, such as Turtle armor or Beetle armor and the Fire Gauntlet, as well as the effects of flasks.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- The Tiny Eaters deal 75% of the weapon's damage (52 base damage).
- The Tiny Eaters also deal 35% / 30% of the weapon's knockback (base knockback of 1 (Extremely weak)).
- The number of spawned Tiny Eaters is determined randomly as displayed in the following table. The average number of Tiny Eaters is 2.67 / 2.3 / 2.2.
# Chance  2 44.44*4/9 (44.44%) 72.9*729/1000 (72.9%) 81*81/100 (81%) 3 44.44*4/9 (44.44%) 24.3*243/1000 (24.3%) 18*9/50 (18%) 4 11.11*1/9 (11.11%) 2.7*27/1000 (2.7%) 1*1/100 (1%) 5 n/a 0.1*1/1000 (0.1%) n/a
- Tiny Eaters home in on Mimics and Nymphs before they become hostile.
- When shot at a one-tile thick wall from the right or below, there is a chance for the Tiny Eaters to spawn on the other side of it.
- Tiny Eaters do not damage cobwebs, critters, or Target Dummies.
- Like all homing projectiles, Tiny Eaters do not home in on players, even while in PvP.
- In Celebrationmk10 worlds, the Scourge of the Corruptor can be found with the normally-incompatible Legendary modifier. The size boost will not take effect, though it is still the best modifier possible.
- When used with the Fire Gauntlet, Magma Stone, or Flask of Fire, the Scourge of the Corruptor is quite effective at illuminating caves.
- Although the Tiny Eaters' knockback is miniscule, in large numbers their combined knockback can keep enemies at bay.
- The weapon can be repeatedly fired at a nearby surface like the ground to release a continuous and considerably large swarm of Tiny Eaters.
- Despite the word scourge often meaning a multi-lashed whip used for punishment, the Scourge of the Corruptor is not a whip; but rather a javelin according to its tooltip.
- The weapon's firing sound and impact sound do not occur at the same rate, and will become misaligned as it is fired.
- Despite its name, the Scourge of the Corruptor does not deal extra damage to Corruptors.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 64 to 70.
- Damage of Tiny Eaters increased from 70% to 75% of the weapon's damage.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Sprite updated.
- Maximum number of Tiny Eaters spawned from each shot decreased from 5 to 4, and average number increased from 2.3 to 2.67.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage increased from 57 to 64.
- Damage of Tiny Eaters increased from 55% to 70% of the weapon's damage.
- Knockback of Tiny Eaters increased from 30% to 35% of the weapon's knockback. (Due to rounding, this made no functional difference.)
- Maximum number of Tiny Eaters spawned from each shot increased from 4 to 5, and average number increased from 2.2 to 2.3.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.