The Scourge of the Corruptor is a powerful javelin that, upon impact of an enemy or solid block, unleashes Little Eaters who target unfriendly NPCs. This item will always be found inside locked Corruption Chests in the Dungeon. The initial projectile will pass through walls one block thick when fired from a certain distance and angles. The Eaters produced can also 'spawn' on the other side of a one block wall if fired directly into a corner, or sometimes through a wall beside or above the user. This can be handy when fighting mobs from within a home area, or simply hiding in a small box during certain events, such as a Pirate Invasion or Solar Eclipse. Equipment that modifies speed greatly increases the amount of Little Eaters unleashed while using this weapon, when used in abundance. The Little Eaters are also affected by imbuing potions such as Flask of Gold.
- Since Scourge of the Corruptor cannot get a size modifier, the best prefix it can get is 'Godly'.
- The javelin and the Little Eaters are both affected by the Magma Stone and Fire Gauntlet.
- However, only the thrown javelin is affected by the Frost Armor.
- The Vampire Knives from the Crimson Chest may be preferable because of the life stealing abilities, but only one or the other can be found in a single world.
- The Scourge of the Corruptor works quite well with the Flask of Ichor.
- In many situations, the Scourge of the Corruptor is excellent for crowd control (like in Goblin Invasions or during a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse).
- The javelin travels at the speed of about 170 mi/h(~274 km/h)
- The throwing speed is not affected by attack speed but the throwing sound is.
- On the Mobile Version of Terraria, when the Scourge is thrown, the tip of the javelin is slightly displaced from the handle of the weapon.
- Sometimes the Little Eaters pass through blocks.
- On the Mobile Version of Terraria, when wearing a full set of Frost armor, the Scourge and the tiny eaters don't emit Frostburn particles.
- Added to the game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.