- Internal Item ID: 3096
The Sextant is an informational accessory that displays the current moon phase. It can be received as a
3.33*1/30 (3.33%) / 2.5*1/40 (2.5%)  chance reward for completing fishing quests for the Angler NPC. It is part of the Cell Phone's crafting tree.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Angler will not give the player a Sextant as a reward if they already have one in their inventory or in any of their portable storage. However, if they have a Fisherman's Pocket Guide, Weather Radio, and Sextant (or at least one of the accessories crafted from them: the Fish Finder, PDA, or Cell Phone) in their inventories, he will be able to give them duplicate Sextants.
total: 1 row(s)
- This content is transcluded from Informational Accessories/note.Unlike most accessories, informational accessories such as the Sextant do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. The Sextant may be carried in the player's inventory without loss of functionality, unless equipped to a social slot. Additionally, the info it provides will be shared with nearby players of the same team in multiplayer. Keep in mind modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped.
- The icon of the Sextant turns into a red moon during a Blood Moon or a Solar Eclipse.
- A real-life sextant is used to determine the angle between two objects, often by sailors to determine latitude, and has nothing to do with the phase of the moon.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Angler quest reward chance increased.
- The Angler will no longer give duplicate informational accessories, unless the player already has all of them.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Information taken from the Desktop 126.96.36.199 source code, function
. Note that the actual drop rate is actually slightly less than
3.33*1/30 (3.33%) / 2.5*1/40 (2.5%), because numerous other rewards are rolled before this item is. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 188.8.131.52.