Shadewood is the Crimson replacement for normal wood. It works the same exact way as normal wood but has a blue-gray tint. Shadewood can be acquired by chopping down trees that have been afflicted by the Crimson. Shadewood has better attributes than items crafted from normal wood (example: normal wood sword does 7 damage while a Shadewood sword does 10 damage). Shadewood is the second best wood for crafting equipment (tools and weapons), but is the third best for the variants of wood armors, only being beaten by Pearlwood and Spooky Wood; as it has higher damage, defense and tool power than most other woods.
A good tactic for procuring Shadewood early on is to use your axe as a weapon as well as a tool. While chopping trees, face the direction of any approaching threats. Early-game axes have arguably impressive knockback, making it a great option for a multitasking tool to fend off enemies and get Shadewood simultaneously.
Shadewood cannot spread the Crimson.
Shadewood (other than texture) is exactly the same as Ebonwood.
total: 3 row(s)
total: 29 row(s)
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now used to craft the Shadewood Toilet.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Is used to craft Shadewood Clock and Shadewood Sofa.
- Desktop 1.2.3: More shadewood furniture and lighting introduced.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.