|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Creates a magical shadow orb|
|Sell||150 / 20|
- Shadow Orb
The Shadow Orb is a light pet item that summons a slow-moving Shadow Orb which follows the player around and emits dim, purple light. The orb can move through solid objects and liquids unhindered, but moves very slowly, causing it to fall behind when the player is moving quickly. If it falls far enough behind, it will teleport to the player's location. It has a
20*1/5 (20%) chance of dropping from destroyed Shadow Orbs, but it can also be acquired by looting Corrupt Crates, which are obtained by fishing in the Corruption.
- The orb's position can be somewhat controlled using the ▲ Up and ▼ Down keys, allowing the player to reorient the orb directly above or below them respectively.
- This will cause the orb to catch up slightly faster, if it is lagging behind.
- The orb will emit purple light even if dyed.
- When paired with Acid Dye of any color, the orb will have stripes in the color but it will be buggy, as parts of, or even the whole orb itself, can disappear.
- It can be paired with Reflective Gold Dye to make the Shadow Orb appear similarly to how it looked prior to 1.2.
- Twilight Dye can render the orb almost completely invisible.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Aligned sell value with all other Shadow Orb/Crimson Heart loot, increasing it from 20 to 150.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: No longer states "5 minute duration" in its tooltip.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced as Orb of Light.