Shadow armor is an armor set that consists of the Shadow Helmet, Shadow Scalemail, and Shadow Greaves. The individual pieces provide a total of 19 defense, equal to its Crimson counterpart, Crimson armor. Each of the 3 pieces provide a +7% boost to melee attack speed (for a total of +21%), while wearing all 3 pieces at once grants an additional set bonus of +15% movement speed.
Wearing a full set causes the player to display an afterimage effect during motion (similar to Necro armor) and emit shadow particles. Also, the Rocket Boots will emit purple flames (this does not occur with Spectre Boots or any of its derivatives).
Shadow armor pieces are interchangeable with pieces from the Ancient Shadow armor set, while still providing the same 15% increased movement speed set bonus, but not the afterimage effect.
total: 3 row(s)
- Despite requiring the fewest resources to craft, the Shadow Helmet sells for the most.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Added Ancient Shadow Armor.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Bars requirement reduced by 5 for each item (from 20/30/25, respectively).
- Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- 15% bonus for full set changed from melee attack speed to movement speed.
- Each piece of armor now gives 7% to melee attack speed.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Full set turns Rocket Boots's sparks purple.
- The Eater of Worlds no longer drops Shadow armor pieces when slain.
- Desktop 1.0.3: Armor graphics changed.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.