|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots Shadowflame Arrows|
- Shadowflame Arrow
The Shadowflame Bow is a Hardmode bow which has a
16.67*1/6 (16.67%) / 33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to drop from the Goblin Summoner during a Hardmode Goblin Army. It turns any type of arrow into special Shadowflame Arrows, which inflict the Shadowflame debuff on hit.
The Shadowflame Arrows fired will fly relatively slowly, but have an extremely high arc compared to most arrows, and may seem at first to be unaffected by gravity at all. If fired directly upwards, Shadowflame Arrows can travel 250 tiles skyward before beginning their descent, taking approximately 12 seconds from firing to fall back down to the player's position. They pierce up to two enemies, dissipating on the third hit.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
- Like the Pulse Bow, due to the fact that any particular arrow's special mechanics are replaced by the bow's properties, the best arrows to use are Venom Arrows or Cursed Arrows for their high per-arrow damage.
- As the Shadowflame Bow converts any arrow into Shadowflame Arrows, an Endless Quiver can be useful, to have an infinite amount of arrows. The downside is that Wooden Arrows do 5 less damage when converted.
- The low velocity of the Shadowflame Bow can be remedied with the Magic Quiver.
- The Shadowflame Bow's sprite looks somewhat similar to that of the Sharanga .
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.