|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Inflicts Shadowflame on hit|
- Shadowflame Knife
The Shadowflame Knife is a Hardmode melee weapon that auto-fires small flaming knife projectiles that consume no mana or ammunition. The projectiles ricochet twice off enemies only (not blocks), dissipating upon their third impact. They also inflict the Shadowflame debuff for between 1 and 3 seconds, which deals an additional 15 damage per second. The Shadowflame Knife has a
16.67*1/6 (16.67%) / 33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to drop from a Goblin Summoner during a Hardmode Goblin Army.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- As with all melee projectiles, the fly distance increases with faster attack speed.
- The knife travels approximately 28 tiles before dropping.
- It cannot get speed modifiers, making accessories, armor, and buffs the only way to increase its velocity.
- The effects of the Shadowflame debuff will stack with those of On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, and Frostburn. Using the Shadowflame Knife with a Magma Stone or one of its upgrades, Frost armor, and a Flask of Cursed Flames, facilitates inflicting all of those at once.
- The Shadowflame Knife can be considered a melee alternative to the Magic Dagger. It has similar stats, costs no mana, has autoswing and flies faster than it. Although it does not pierce, its ability to ricochet can make up for it.
- This weapon is a good option for melee players in early-to-mid Hardmode. It can be acquired immediately from a Goblin Army and its versatility as an unlimited projectile along with its debuff makes it extremely useful against Hardmode enemies and even the mechanical bosses, particularly The Destroyer.
- Its falling and ricocheting properties might cause it to accidentally hit and activate a Biome Mimic, which can be fatal in early Hardmode.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.