|Placeable||✓ (3 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Increases armor penetration for melee weapons|
The Sharpening Station is a furniture item that, when placed and pressed ⚷ Open / Activate on, applies the Sharpened buff, which increases armor penetration of all melee weapons by 12 / 4. This lasts for 10 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu (), or by double-tapping the buff icon ().
- The armor penetration bonus also applies to damage done by summoned minions, but only while the user is holding a melee weapon. It also applies to projectiles fired from magic and ranged weapons, however, it only applies to the projectiles when you are holding a melee weapon after having shot the projectiles already making it not suitable for practical use.
- The Sharpening Station is the only one of the four class furniture buff items that cannot be purchased.
- In real life, sharpening stations, also known as grindstones, are used to sharpen blades.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Can now be purchased from the Merchant during Hardmode.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Armor penetration buff tripled from 4 to 12.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.