- Internal Item ID: 3337
The Shiny Stone is an Expert Mode accessory that increases the rate of health regeneration slowly over time when the player is not moving or using any tools or weapons. The Shiny Stone is found in the Treasure Bag dropped by Golem in Expert mode.
The health regeneration slowly increases from roughly 10 health gained per second to roughly 40 health gained per second (for players with enough health capacity to recover for that long). A yellow particle effect over the player signifies that the boost is engaged, which also emits a good deal of light from the player onto the surrounding area.
- Taking damage, using most items, moving or Bleeding will all reset the health regeneration's acceleration. Using a Fishing Pole or Health Potions will not.
- Health regeneration is still possible if the player is sitting still while riding a mount or minecart, or while grappled.
- If the player is moving at a very low speed, it can still take effect.
- The Rod of Discord does not count as a movement but will reset the timer if the player is damaged by it. Likewise, Teleporters do not count as movement and as such will not interfere with the Shiny Stone's effect. Both the Rod of Discord and Teleporters can be used to dodge attacks while not interrupting the healing.
- If the player has any damage-dealing debuff other than Poisoned (such as On Fire!), the Shiny Stone will reduce or stop the damage gained from the debuff instead of healing.
- If the player has a positive healing rate, it will give an additional 0.5 HP/s healing effect. (See Health Regeneration)
- The stone synergizes with several other methods of healing, such as the Crimson armor, which increases the regeneration effect by 50%, and buildup by 20%. Honey also increases buildup by 40%. In the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, players can use furniture like chairs to increase the regeneration further by 50% and buildup by 200%.
- The stone will slightly amplify the effects of some other healing items or buffs, as well as increasing base healing speed, even when the player is in motion and/or using items.
- It takes 34.3 seconds of not moving or being damaged to reach the Stone's top healing speed, although players are likely to have fully healed by then.
- This item synergizes well with Volatile Gelatin and the Spore Sac, giving the player a passive attack while not moving.
- It also synergizes well with the Sniper Rifle and Shroomite Armor, Giving both increased life regen and damage while keeping a long range.
- The Shiny Stone's art is a reference to the Ankh Jewel from La-Mulana.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.