|Damage||24 / 23 (Ranged)|
|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
- Internal Item ID: 534
The Shotgun is a Hardmode ranged weapon that fires a spread of three to five bullets, though each firing consumes only one item (bullet) of Ammunition. The Shotgun is an upgrade of the pre-hardmode Boomstick and becomes available for purchase from the Arms Dealer for 25 after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated. The Onyx Blaster and the Tactical Shotgun are upgrades of the Shotgun.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the mechanics of piercing damage, piercing bullets (such as Meteor Shot) will only hit enemies one time, even if all bullets connect. The remaining rounds can still rebound on objects behind the target (having not caused damage) and hit the target a second time.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Shotgun with Crystal Bullets is effective against large groups.
- Exploding Bullets can be an alternative for their area damage, although care should be taken not to hurt oneself. The combined knockback of the ammunition and weapon can be effective for holding off enemies in early Hardmode.
- Cursed Bullets will help more in PvP, because Crystal Bullets only hit players with their primary projectiles, since players become momentarily invulnerable when damaged, so the shards won't have any effect. The greater primary damage of Cursed Bullets and the Cursed Inferno debuff will deal more damage in this case.
- When using Chlorophyte Bullets, the spread can be negated.
- The Shotgun is effective at short ranges, but rapidly loses effectiveness at longer ranges since the shots spread out the farther they travel.
- The Shotgun is useful for killing segmented enemies, such as Wyverns, as well as flying enemies with large hitboxes, such as Corruptors.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Shotgun is modeled after the Ithaca Model 37 Stakeout.
- The Shotgun is one of only eleven guns in Terraria to share its name with a real gun, the others being the Uzi, Red Ryder, Sniper Rifle, Revolver, Chain Gun, Flintlock Pistol, Tactical Shotgun, Musket, Handgun and the Quad-Barrel Shotgun.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 23 to 24.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 21 to 23.
- Desktop 1.2: Buy/sell price reduced from 70 / 14 to 25 / 5.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.