Silenced is a debuff that prevents the player from using any item that uses mana, stopping them from using magic and summoning weapons (though existing summons will still remain). The debuff cannot be afflicted on players with a Megaphone, Countercurse Mantra, Ankh Charm or Ankh Shield equipped. If the player equips one of these items while the debuff is in effect, it will instantly be cured.
Causes[edit | edit source]
From enemy[edit | edit source]
|Pixie||7 / 14 seconds|
|Dark Mummy||7 / 14 seconds|
|Blood Mummy||7 / 14 seconds|
|Shadow Mummy||7 seconds|
|Green Jellyfish||7 / 14 seconds|
|Brain of Cthulhu||0.75–1.5 seconds|
From debuff[edit | edit source]
|Feral Bite||0.6−1 seconds|
Other[edit | edit source]
|Red Potion||1 / 2 / 3 / hours|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Silenced debuff will still prevent the player from using the Space Gun with a full set of Meteor armor, despite it costing no mana.
- It is recommended that mages should bring a Megaphone or make a Ankh Shield as this debuff is extremely deadly when there are many enemies on screen.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The effect of Silenced is related to how in popular fiction, casting magic sometimes requires saying certain words out loud. Therefore, being silenced would prevent casting any magic.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.