|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
During Hardmode Silver Bullets can be bought from the Arms Dealer for 15 each, or 150 for 1000 rounds in worlds with Silver. Prior to Hardmode, they are only sold during Blood Moons, but become available anytime once Hardmode begins. They can also be found replacing Wooden Arrows in Pots during Hardmode, in Shadow Chests, or crafted using Silver Bars. It is the counterpart to Tungsten Bullets .
total: 1 row(s)
- Whereas most metal items can be crafted using their ore equivalent, Silver Bullets cannot be made using Tungsten Bars. Silver can still be obtained in any world by using Silt Blocks, Slush Blocks, or Desert Fossils at an Extractinator. It can also be rewarded from Crates and Slime bonus drops.
- In worlds with the "Drunk World" seed, in which both Silver and Tungsten are present, the arms dealer will sell the bullet corresponding to whichever ore is most prevalent in the world upon joining. This reset every time the world is re-opened.
- Crafting Silver Bullets from Musket Balls purchased from the Arms Dealer is slightly more expensive than buying Silver Bullets, if they are available:
- With base prices, a silver bar would sell for 6, while 70 musket balls cost 490. Buying 70 silver bullets directly would cost 1050.
- At base prices, 15 silver bars would sell for 90, and buying 999 musket balls would cost 6993, while buying 999 silver bullets directly would cost 14985. This would save 108, covering a full recipe's worth.
- With maximum NPC happiness (75% modifier to purchase prices, 133% to sale prices), 15 silver bars would sell for 11970, and buying 999 musket balls would cost 5245, while buying the silver bullets directly would cost 11239. This would save 5976.
- That said, before Hardmode buying the Silver Bullets involves shopping during a Blood Moon, and the Arms Dealer may not be nearby. Even at his maximum happiness, the player is spending less than 60 extra on a 999-stack of ammo, let alone if they would be upgrading musket balls collected from pots and the like.
- Despite their folklore, Silver Bullets do not deal extra damage to Werewolves.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: In worlds with Tungsten Ore, the Arms Dealer will now sell the Tungsten Bullet instead of the Silver Bullet.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Silver bullets no longer have blue rarity.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.