|AI Type||Slime AI|
- Internal NPC ID: -2
The Slimer is a Hardmode enemy that only spawns in The Corruption and Underground Corruption. It spawns as a winged Slime, attacking the player using the Bat AI pattern. Once "killed" for the first time, the slime body drops to the ground, continuing to fight using the aggressive Slime AI pattern.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike the Corrupt Slime, the Slimer does not have a specific Crimson slime variant.
- When they lose their wings, they will not be given invincibility frames from piercing weapons. Because of this, it is possible that they can be damaged by piercing weapons right when they lose their wings (Example: A Shadowbeam Staff can damage it to lose its wings and then may bounce back and damage it right when it loses its wings).
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Slimers appear to be wearing Demon Wings; however, they do not drop them.
- After Slimers lose their wings, they have the third lowest knockback resistance in the game, beaten only by Pinky and the Golden Slime.
- The Slimer without wings is visually identical to the Corrupt Slime, but with lower stats.
- The Bestiary entry for the Slimer: "The Slimer has become airborne with wings of unknown origin. The wings are easily knocked off with force, depriving it of its flight."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now drop Slime Staff.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.