|AI Type||Slime AI|
- Internal NPC ID: -2
The Slimer is a Hardmode enemy that only spawns in The Corruption and Underground Corruption. It spawns as a winged slime, attacking the player using the Bat AI pattern. Once "killed" for the first time, the slime body drops to the ground, continuing to fight using the Slime AI pattern.
Like most other slimes, both forms of the Slimer will be passive towards any player with the Royal Gel accessory equipped.
- When they lose their wings, Slimers will not be given invincibility frames from piercing weapons. Because of this, it is possible that they can be damaged by piercing weapons right when they lose their wings. For example, a Shadowbeam Staff can damage a Slimer, causing it to lose its wings, and then may bounce back and damage it right when it loses its wings.
- Unlike the Corrupt Slime, the Slimer does not have a specific Crimson slime variant.
- Slimers appear to be wearing Demon Wings; however, they do not drop them.
- After Slimers lose their wings, they have the third lowest knockback resistance in the game, beaten only by Pinky and the Golden Slime.
- The Slimer without wings is visually identical to the Corrupt Slime, but it has lower stats.
- The Bestiary entry for the Slimer: "The Slimer has become airborne with wings of unknown origin. The wings are easily knocked off with force, depriving it of its flight."
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now drop Slime Staff.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.