|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable Slime mount|
The Slimy Saddle is a mount-summoning item. When used, it summons a friendly Slime Mount. The Slime offers increased jump height (21 tiles) and movement speed (20 mph), decreases fall damage by half, and enables floating on water surfaces and continuous auto-jump by holding the ↷ Jump key. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, Switch version, and tModLoader version, landing on enemies while riding this mount will deal 40 summon damage (excluding defense) to them in addition to pushing the player back up again. For this damage, the Slime Mount is considered a minion and benefits from effects that boost the damage of summons.
- The Slime Mount does not benefit from the critical strike chance bonus of banners.
- The Slime Mount's damage is not variable (i.e., unaffected by the usual ±15% randomization), hence it is very useful for enemy defense tests in-game.
- The Cloud in a Bottle's and its derivatives' and relatives' double jump ability works while riding the Slime Mount.
- Damaging an enemy with the Slime Mount will reset the player's invincibility to 6 ticks (1/10 second), meaning that they cannot take damage immediately after jumping on an enemy. Also, note that the damaged enemy will get 10 ticks of invincibility.
- Players move at double the normal vertical speed whilst riding the Slime Mount. Note that the Stopwatch and the Goblin Tech will still show the regular speed.
- The Lucky Horseshoe, its derivatives, and wings will prevent fall damage while riding the mount.
- Since the Slime Mount bounces off of Target Dummies, it is possible to create an elevator with them and the mount.
- Also, using two Target Dummies and a block overhead, one can create an easy invulnerability machine with the Slime Mount.
- A player can easily move from the bottom of a large body of water to the surface by mounting the Slimy Saddle, as the Slime Mount will float to the top. The Slime Mount may also float on lava, but the player will need an Obsidian Skin Potion or Lava Charm to avoid lava damage.
- The doubled vertical speed can be extremely useful, e.g. for traveling down hellevators with great speed, or by using it to dodge attacks.
- By grappling to a wall and activating the mount mid-way, the bright particle effects will go about 16 blocks through, thus revealing caverns and valuables. Combined with the zoomed-in overlay map, this is a good way to explore the underground early on. Note that to activate the mount while grappling, there needs to be enough space at the point of activation for the mount to appear. This same practice can be applied in a vertical manner allowing the player to reveal an Enchanted Sword Shrine from the surface.
- Continually bouncing on harpies is one potential method to find more floating islands without a gravitation potion or platforms.
- Using the Slime Mount just before the flight time of the Rocket Boots ends will propel the player upwards a few extra blocks.
- Using the Slime Mount immediately after the start of any jump allows you to go slightly higher than if you started that jump riding it.
- This means if you dismount, jump, immediately re-mount, then at the top of the jump repeat, you will get significantly more height. For example, with a Sandstorm in a Balloon, this method gives you a jump height of up to 96 blocks, compared to 67 blocks staying mounted the whole time; a 43% increase in height
- If the Slime Mount jumps while floating atop a body of water, it may jump again in midair, resulting in a double jump. Note that this is slightly inconsistent.
- The Slime Mount can be used as a viable source of damage against enemies and bosses.
- It is useful against early-game bosses like the Eye of Cthulhu because it drastically reduces the chance of receiving contact damage from them. However, this may lead to a rapid ascension which poses the threat of dying to fall damage. Additionally, because of the Slime's high vertical movement speed, the boss might despawn due to the large distance.
- Worm-like enemies, particularly the Eater of Worlds, can be fought very effectively in spaces with a low ceiling.
- Players can fish while floating on the surface of water using the Slimy Saddle.
- The Slimy Saddle, along with all other pre-Hardmode mounts, is one of the few pre-Hardmode items with a rarity of .
- Going on and off the Slime Mount quickly allows it to function as light source.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now bounce off enemies to inflict damage.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.
- Information taken from the Desktop 184.108.40.206 source code, function
There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 220.127.116.11.