The Snail is a rather rare critter that spawns in the Underground and Cavern layer. It can be caught using the Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, used as a fishing bait, or crafted into a Snail Cage to be placed as an animated furniture item. It cannot be released once crafted into a cage. It has 10% bait power.
A Snail Cage occupies a 2x3 space. The Snail inside may follow the following patterns randomly:
- Hide inside its shell
- Try to climb up to the ceiling of the cage, but fail and fall down again
- Make a whole loop around its cage successfully
total: 4 row(s)
- Snails seem to spawn frequently in the Jungle Temple.
- Snails are also found in the Underground Jungle and sometimes in Glowing Mushroom biomes.
- The Bestiary entry for the Snail: "A slimy mollusk that thrives in damp, dark places. Fish are barely attracted to these."
- Unlike in real life snails only have two eye stalks instead of two eye stalks and two feeling stalks.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Can now be used as bait.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, can be used as bait.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, can be used as bait.