- Mystic Snake Coil
The Snake Charmer's Flute is an item that summons a climbable snake. When used, it places a pot that a snake rises from. Once the snake reaches its full height of 80 blocks or touches a block, it stops rising and becomes climbable like a Rope. It is also possible to place blocks against it when it is fully extended, and as such, it is possible to climb to the top of the Space layer by alternating between using the flute and blocks. The snake and the pot disappear after approximately 25 seconds. It also produces a small amount of light. It can be found in the Sandstone Chests in the Underground Desert biome, or from Oasis Crates and Mirage Crates.
- The pot the snake comes from sits on top of breakable background objects. This means it cannot be used directly in front of particularly tall trees, and will sit on top of tall grass, cacti, tree branches, other pots and the like.
- The pot and snake can be summoned in lava where the default variety of rope cannot be placed.
- This item is a good pre-Hardmode alternative to the Ice Rod for building into the sky, as blocks can be placed next to the snake.
- It seems that the pot cannot be summoned off-screen. As a result, it is not suitable to lower oneself into a pit.
- This can be used to very easily go to Space by using the flute, climbing to the top of it, placing a block to stand on, standing on the block, and using the flute again.
- The Snake Charmer's Flute has one of the longest base use times in the game, and is one of the few that have it listed as "Snail speed".
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed an issue where Snake Ropes would never vanish if the player who summoned it quit out of the server.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 126.96.36.199.4.1: Introduced with changes from Desktop 188.8.131.52.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 220.127.116.11.