|Knockback||1 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||6 summon tag damage|
Your summons will focus struck enemies
Strike enemies to gain attack speed
|Buff tooltip||Melee speed is increased|
Like most other whips, it causes minions to focus on the last-struck enemy and briefly increases their damage against all targets that it strikes. If the whip strikes an enemy, its attack speed will increase by 20% for 3 seconds, and the buff duration can be refreshed by hitting enemies continuously. It also inflicts the Poisoned debuff on enemies for 4 seconds.
Its best modifier is Legendary, despite it being a summon weapon.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the nature of Snapthorn's Jungle's Fury buff, switching to another whip or melee weapon while the buff is active will increase its speed for a brief duration.
- Between the Leather Whip and Snapthorn, it is usually easier to obtain the Snapthorn first as it is made from craftable materials, while the Leather Whip requires the Zoologist to be present, costs 15 gold coins, and needs 10% of the Bestiary to be filled (53 entries). Depending on the player's preference, it may be worthwhile for summoners to venture into the Underground Jungle to collect materials to craft the Snapthorn in the early game, despite the dangers of the biome.
- Because tag damage adds a fixed amount of damage per hit, Snapthorn works well with rapidly-attacking minions like Flinxes and Vampire Frogs, but works poorly with slow minions like Imps.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Range slightly increased.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.