|Knockback||1 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||6 summon tag damage|
Your summons will focus struck enemies
Strike enemies to gain attack speed
Like most other whips, it causes minions to focus on the last-struck enemy and briefly increases their damage against all targets that it strikes. When striking an enemy, it will grant the Jungle's Fury buff, increasing attack speed by 20% for 3 seconds, and the buff duration can be refreshed by hitting enemies continuously. It also inflicts the Poisoned debuff on enemies for 4 seconds.
Its best modifier is Legendary, despite it being a summon weapon.
total: 1 row(s)
- Due to the nature of Snapthorn's Jungle's Fury buff, switching to another whip or melee weapon while the buff is active will increase its speed for a brief duration.
- Between the Leather Whip and Snapthorn, it is usually easier to obtain the Snapthorn first as it is made from craftable materials, while the Leather Whip requires the Zoologist to be present, costs 15, and needs 15% of the Bestiary to be filled (79 entries). Depending on the player's preference, it may be worthwhile for summoners to venture into the Underground Jungle to collect materials to craft the Snapthorn in the early game, despite the dangers of the biome.
- Because tag damage adds a fixed amount of damage per hit, Snapthorn works well with rapidly-attacking minions like Flinxes and Vampire Frogs, but works poorly with slow minions like Imps.
- It is possible, if the player can scroll fast enough, to get the speed effects of the Snapthorn, the Durendal, and the Dark Harvest at the same time. Strike an enemy with one, then select the next, and finally select the last whip and receive its bonus. However, this strategy is very impractical, because by the time the player selects the last whip, the first speed bonus might have already run out. The strategy could be complemented by equipping Obsidian armor.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Range slightly increased.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.