Snow Blocks are found naturally-placed in the Snow Biome. Snow Blocks placed in the Surface layer, either naturally or by a player, will cause a snowfall effect. This is purely visual, and has no functional effects. Snow Blocks cannot be Hallowed or Corrupted. Snow in any form cannot be melted into water, nor produced from water or ice.
Snowfall[edit | edit source]
Snowfall amount is determined by the number of Snow Blocks that are near your character.
- Being near even one placed Snow Block has a rare chance to cause a periodic snowflake.
- Continuous light snowfall occurs at 26 placed snow blocks (two snowflakes/second, average).
- Heavy snowfall is achieved with 201 placed snow blocks (20 snowflakes/second, average).
- Absolute maximum snowfall is achieved with 401 placed Snow Blocks (60 snowflakes/second).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Snowball (15) ( )||By Hand|
|Snowball (10) ( )|
|Frozen Banana Daiquiri||Cooking Pot|
|Snowfall Block||Crystal Ball|
|Snow Brick||Work Bench|
|Snow Wall (4) ( )||Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Snow Blocks Hammered into half-blocks have an alternate appearance when placed on a background walls, resembling "paper" or "melted snow," especially when placed directly over a Table or Work Bench.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now be used to craft Snow Walls and Frozen Banana Daiquiri. Can be crafted from Snow Walls.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Outline of placed form changed from black to a dark cyan.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit was raised from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.