|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Snow Flinx Banner|
|Coins||2Pre-Hardmode: 5Hardmode: 4|
- Internal NPC ID: 185
For the summon weapon, see Flinx Staff.
The Snow Flinx is an enemy that can be found in the Ice biome, below the Snow biome (starting at the cavern layer). It is very susceptible to knockback, and when hit, will tumble over and fly backwards.
- Although only able to spawn in the Ice biome, Snow Flinxes have a lower chance to spawn on Snow Blocks, Ice Blocks, and Thin Ice than on other blocks.
- The Snow Flinx will repeatedly hit a closed door in its path, but it is unable to open it.
- Due to the reduced spawn chance on Snow, Ice, and Thin Ice, players may encounter more Snow Flinxes around Underground Cabins, as these are primarily made of Boreal Wood.
- It is also a good idea to look at the borders of the Ice biome, as Flinxes are more likely to spawn due to the lack of Snow, Ice, and Thin Ice in other biomes.
- The Snow Flinx bears a striking resemblance to the Topi, an enemy from the 1984 video game Ice Climber, specifically the American and European censored sprite of the Topi.
- The Snow Flinx has the third least knockback resistance, the second being Slimer without its wings, and first being Pinky.
- The Bestiary entry for the Snow Flinx: "A strange, round furry mammal with an unusually large, protruding nose. They are extremely lightweight."
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.