|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Placeable||√ (3 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Rapidly launches snowballs|
The Snowball Launcher is a pre-Hardmode placeable weapon which uses Snowballs as ammunition. Once placed, clicking ⚒ Use / Attack on it will fire a single Snowball and holding the key will release a rapid fire of snowballs, with a spread of roughly thirty degrees. It can be dropped from the Snow Flinx in the Ice biome with a chance of 1/150 (0.67%).
Similar to the Cannon, the Snowball Launcher can also be triggered by wire. Depending on the lateral position of the connected wire within the sprite of the Snowball Launcher, it will either shoot a snowball (with a cooldown of 1/6th of a second) or turn to the side the wire is on. Snowballs fired by activating the Snowball Launcher via wire are purely cosmetic, deal no damage, and are not consumed from the player's inventory.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since they deal ranged damage, Snowballs fired from the Snowball Launcher are affected by ranged bonuses, such as the set bonus of the Frost armor.
- However, Snowballs always retain a constant base damage of 35 and knockback of 3.5.
- Oddly enough, the Snowball Launcher has a base damage of -1. This will not effect the actual damage, however.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be toggled with wire and can shoot fake snowballs when doing so.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.