The social slots allow a player to change the cosmetic looks of their character, while still retaining the statistics of any armor or accessories worn in the armor or accessory slots respectively. This content is transcluded from Inventory.These slots change the visual appearance of the player's head, torso and legs. While these slots accept the same types of items as the armor slots, items placed here are entirely visual and will not modify the player's stats or generate any additional effects. Their appearance will, however, override the corresponding armor slot, allowing the player to conceal their armor if it is not to their aesthetic preference.
For players unconcerned about aesthetics, these slots can be used to store an alternate set of armor. For example, a character could wear a set of melee armor while equipping a set of mage armor in the vanity slots, in order to be able to switch to the magic-boosting armor when needed.
- Right-clicking a social slot swaps its content with the corresponding armor/accessory slot.
- If the two accessories visually appear on different parts of the body, social accessories will not override active accessories. Instead, both will be visible. For example, Climbing Claws (hands) and Hermes Boots (feet) do not conflict.
- Toggling off the visibility of accessories does not make the corresponding social accessory disappear but may still be useful if both would be visible otherwise.
- Putting armor in the social slot will not add additional defense to the player.
- The player can also dye any vanity items and armor if they dislike the color of the originals.
- Putting the same item in the social slot and armor slot has no effect on the appearance except for the Empty Bucket, Badger's Hat, and Rabbit Perch, which stack the item on the player's head twice.
- Accessories that do not appear visually cannot be equipped to social slots.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Accessories that do not appear visually can no longer be equipped to social slots.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Added social slots for accessories.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 1.2.3.
- Console-Release: Introduced, visible in PvP.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Accessories that do not appear visually can no longer be equipped to social slots.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Added social slots for accessories.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, visible in PvP.