The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Soul of Night is one of the seven souls that monsters can drop after the Wall of Flesh has been killed in the world. Any enemy (excluding those summoned by statues or Meteor Heads) killed in the vicinity of 200 Ebonstone Blocks or Crimstone Blocks while in the stone layer may drop Souls of Night. Even a Corrupt/Crimson enemy (such as the Corruptor) will not drop Souls of Night unless 200 or more Ebonstone/Crimstone Blocks are present. Enemies that do not spawn in the area, but simply followed the player there, may still drop Souls.
Potential Farming Methods
- The player can farm Souls of Night by placing 200 Ebonstone Blocks in the stone layer (characterized by a background comprised of stone rather than dirt). Monsters killed in this area may drop Souls of Night. This should be done with caution, however, since in Hardmode, these blocks will start to spread
- While in the underground corruption biome, spawn the Eater of Worlds using Worm Food. This boss has many different body parts, all with the chance of dropping a Soul of Night (as they are counted as different enemies). An Eater of Worlds will drop about 5-10 souls every time. This tactic is very effective as Worm Food is easy to make and the Eater of Worlds is a very easy boss to kill in Hardmode.
- An efficient way to farm these souls is to place 200 Ebonstone in an area in the dungeon, and while near it all dungeon mobs will end up dropping souls.
- Like all other Souls, the Soul of Night ignores gravity.
- A total of 102 Souls of Night are required to craft one of every item that requires it, although some may be needed more than once (such as boss summons).
- A Corrupt enemy (such as the Corruptor) will not drop Souls of Night unless 200 or more Ebonstone Blocks are present.
- Enemies that do not spawn in the area, but simply followed the player there, may still drop Souls.
- On the Mobile Version Soul of Night sometimes drop from enemies on the Corruption/Crimson surface.
- Sprite updated.
- Stack limit raised from 250 to 999.
- Added to the game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.