|Placeable||√ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
The Spear Trap is a trap found naturally in the Jungle Temple. When activated, it launches a spear in a straight line that can pierce an infinite number of enemies and retracts upon hitting a block or reaching its maximum range of 19.5 blocks. It has a cooldown of 1.5 seconds / 2 seconds between firings and deals 60 damage to enemies and 120 damage to players.
Spear Traps can be rotated 90° with a hammer.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Spear Traps can no longer be broken with Explosives before Golem has been defeated.
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Sprite updated.
- Can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Cooldown reduced from 2s to 1.5s.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed bug where traps could critically hit.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer shoots the retracting spear head upwards like a projectile if the trap is in inactive state (by the means of an Actuator).
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed a graphical bug with Spear Traps.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.