- Not to be confused with the mobile and console-exclusive Spectral Armor.
The Spectre Armor, consisting of the Spectre Hood/Mask, Spectre Robe, and Spectre Pants, is a set of caster armor added in the 1.2 update. Spectre Bars are required for the crafting of the pieces. It takes 54 Spectre Bars to make a complete set of armor.
When the full set is worn, the player will turn transparent and pale, giving them a ghostly appearance, along with any other visible accessories.
When a player has the full set of Spectre Armor equipped, they will receive a bonus depending on which helmet they have equipped:
- If the Spectre Mask is equipped, then any magic damage done to enemies will also release projectiles that home on to other enemies or even on to the original target if no other enemy is nearby, similar to The Horseman's Blade.
- If the Spectre Hood is equipped, then 20% of magic damage dealt by the player will return to the player with lowest current HP. It will also decrease magic damage by 40%.
- The Pants do not animate while walking, similar to the bottom of the Robe. This lends to its robe-like appearance.
- The Magic Cuffs replenish mana supply for any hits taken, and the robes can replenish health WITH the mana from the cuffs (if using the Spectre Hood).
- With the unique life steal ability, a lot of damage can be taken without dying as long as consistent and sufficient damage is being dealt to enemies.
- Very fast spells like Crystal Storm, Razorpine or Laser Machinegun will heal with great efficiency.
- The player can reach a maximum mana of 400 wearing Spectre Armor numerous ways, most notably through the Magic Cuffs accessory and other magic accessories with the "Arcane" (+20 mana) prefix.
- The Spectre Mask is the damage-based headgear of this armor set, providing you with higher defense and DPS; it is more versatile and superior to the Spectre Hood when you are not constantly sustaining heavy damage. The Spectre Hood is the more survival-based headgear of this armor set, and may be more useful to players that are hit more often during boss fights.
- Though the Spectre Bars are a light-blue color, the armor turns out a milky-white color. This however, is the case with many other armors as well.
- In mobile, the Razorpine and Shadowbeam Staff are still strong choices with the hood on, as the armor still has its original stats.
- The Butcher's Chainsaw can be used for Life Steal because the sparks are counted as direct magic damage.
- When in multiplayer, Spectre Armor heals the person closest to the enemy that was damaged, so it might not heal the player with the lowest life if they aren't near enough.
- This set bonus appears to only be able to activate a certain amount of times per second, tested with a bubble gun and a rainbow gun simultaneously.
- On the Mobile version which is in 1.2.4, the Hood gives 10% increased magic damage and crit chance instead of 40% decreased magic damage and the Mask gives an extra set bonus of 23% reduced mana usage, which are meant to be attributes of the Spectral Headgear and the Spectral Set's bonus respectively.
- Now uses Spectre Bars to craft.
- Spectre Mask was added to the Spectre Armor set.
- Spectre Armor now heals for 20% instead of 8%
- Now reduces magic damage by 40% instead of increasing Mana usage by 20%
- Only heals damage done by Flame Traps when the player has hit them before.
- Spectre Armor now only heals for 8% instead of 10%
- Now needs Chlorophyte Bars to craft
- Total armor rating of the set has been reduced from 32 down to 24.
- Added to the game.