Spectre Armor is a Hardmode, post-Plantera armor set that offers magic weapon boosts. The set consists of the Spectre Robe and Spectre Pants, with either the Spectre Hood or Spectre Mask headpiece. Wearing a full set causes small white orbs to manifest whenever the player hits an enemy with a magic weapon. What these orbs do depends on the headpiece option chosen. The Spectre Mask causes the orbs to act as homing projectiles, while the Spectre Hood causes the orbs to travel to a player, healing them.
Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 Spectre Bars (27 Ectoplasm and 54 Chlorophyte Bars (( 270 / 324 Chlorophyte Ore)). The full set with both headpieces requires 66 Spectre Bars (33 Ectoplasm and 66 Chlorophyte Bars (330 Chlorophyte Ore)).
Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 Chlorophyte Bars (324 Chlorophyte Ore) and 54 Ectoplasm. The full set with both headpieces requires 66 Chlorophyte Bars (396 Chlorophyte Ore) and 66 Ectoplasm.
Spectre Mask set bonus: Homing orb projectiles spawn when dealing magic damage to an enemy, which attack nearby enemies, or the same enemy. Orb damage is 50% / 100% of the damage dealt by the magic weapon fired, before it is doubled by a critical hit (if a critical hit deals 200 damage, the orb will have 50 / 100 base damage).
Spectre Hood set bonus: Life steal orbs spawn when dealing magic damage to an enemy, which fly to the player and restore health by 20% of damage done (eg. dealing 50 magic damage heals 10 health). In team multiplayer, the player with the lowest health is healed instead. Note that equipping the Spectre Hood incurs a -40% magic damage decrease.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
|Spectre Hood||Mythril Anvil|
|Spectre Hood ( )|
|Spectre Mask ()|
|Spectre Pants ( )|
|Spectre Robe ( )|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If an attack does not do at least 3 damage while the Mask is equipped, a damaging orb will not appear.
- If an attack does not do at least 5 damage while the Hood is equipped, a healing orb will not appear.
- Both set bonuses have a limit to their efficiency:
- The Spectre Hood's healing is based on a hidden stat, "Life Steal", which recharges by 30 every second, up to a maximum of 80/70. This stat is drained by the amount healed every time damage is dealt, meaning that while in constant combat its healing is capped at 30 health regained per second, with an initial burst of 80/70.
- The Spectre Mask's damage orbs are based on a hidden stat, "Ghost Damage". Ghost Damage recharges by 400 /250 /150 every second, up to a maximum of 1500/1000 . This stat is drained by the damage dealt in every hit, meaning that while in constant combat its extra DPS is capped at 400 /250 /150 , with an initial burst of 1500/1000 while entering it.
- Since the Spectre Orbs are able to critically strike, critical strike bonuses will increase this extra DPS further.
- Wearing the full set with either helmet makes the player translucent.
- As the rest of the Spectre armor grants a total of 15% increased damage, the total effect of wearing the Hood is only a 25% magic damage reduction.
- Spectre armor with the Hood is widely considered useless against the Moon Lord, whose Moon bite debuff disables lifesteal effects, unless one moves far enough to avoid his tongue to latch on. However, such strategy is usually ineffective since Moon Lord can teleport to the player if they move too far from him.
- On the version, the Spectre Hood has its old statistics, which increases magic damage and heals by 8% of damage dealt.
- In that case if an attack does not deal at least 13 damage it can't heal the player.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One of the most efficient ways to play with this armor is by owning both Hood and Mask and switching between them, depending on the situation. This way the player will be able to both keep themselves alive and deal continuous high damage.
- The combined effects of Mana Sickness and the Spectre Hood's damage reduction will render many magic weapons too weak to be effective, so players should find an alternate means of restoring mana.
- Magic Cuffs or Celestial Cuffs synergize well with the Spectre Hood as they capitalize on any damage taken; with a highly-damaging weapon like the Razorpine, it is possible to maintain both health and mana at comfortable levels.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Spectre Hood is the only armor that decreases player's stats.
- "Ectoplasm, required to make them (or spectre bars), is dropped by Dungeon Spirits.
" is another word for "ghost" or "spirit", alluding to the fact that the
- Although Re-Logic is based in the United States, "spectre" is the British spelling of the word, with the American spelling being "specter".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Spectre Hood's damage decrease is moved to its set bonus.
- Increased Spectre Mask's magic damage/critical chance bonus from 5% to 10%, increased the limit on how much burst damage can be dealt by the set bonus at once from 1000 to 1500, and the recovery rate of projectiles generated over time has increased from 250 to 400.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Projectiles spawned from the mask now do 100% of the original damage.
- Recovery rate of projectiles generated over time by the mask increased from 150 to 250.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Spectre Set with Hood no longer heals with the Moon Bite debuff enabled.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now requires Spectre Bars instead of Ectoplasm and Chlorophyte Bars.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Spectre Hood no longer increases mana usage.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Spectre Mask introduced.
- Spectre Hood now reduces damage by 40% and increases mana usage by 20%.
- Life-steal ratio of the Spectre Hood set increased from 8% to 20%.
- Increased defense of existing pieces:
- Spectre Hood defense increased from 4 to 6.
- Spectre Robe defense increased from 12 to 14.
- Spectre Pants defense increased to from 8 to 10.
- Desktop 1.2.2:
- Healing capped at 2 hearts per second.
- Flame traps no longer trigger the set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2.1:
- Life-steal ratio of the set bonus reduced from 10% to 8%.
- Added requirement of Chlorophyte Bars to craft.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Reduced defense:
- Spectre Hood defense decreased from 6 to 4.
- Spectre Robe defense decreased from 14 to 12.
- Spectre Pants defense decreased from 11 to 8.
- Traps no longer trigger Spectre armor.
- Spectre Armor does less healing each time the same projectile deals damage.
- Reduced defense:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Notes from the Magical Harp now count as magic and should trigger the Spectre set bonus.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.09: Fixed the Spectre Mask not having a set bonus.
- Console 1.08: Added Spectre Mask.