|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||7 summon tag damage|
Your summons will focus struck enemies
Performs better against multiple targets than most whips
'This goes to eleven'
- Spinal Tap
Its best modifier is Legendary.
total: 1 row(s)
- The damage reduction per hit in a single swing is very low (5%), which makes it an excellent weapon for crowd control and effective against The Hungry during the fight against the Wall of Flesh. Along with this it is one of the best weapons for farming the Brain of Cthulhu in pre-Hardmode, as well as the Eater of Worlds to a lesser extent.
- Due to the nature of Dungeon generation in the special seed 05162020, it is possible to encounter Dungeon enemies pre-Skeletron, allowing summoners to craft this Whip very early.
- The Spinal Tap paired with Obsidian Armor and damage and/or summon count boosting accessories can singlehandedly make it one of the strongest weapons in the entire game for pre-Hardmode faring well into Hardmode even after the Obsidian Armor was heavily nerfed in 126.96.36.199.
- The tooltip is a reference to a line from the 1984 American mockumentary movie This Is Spinal Tap, in which the vocalist/guitarist for the band Spinal Tap, Nigel Tufnel, shows an amplifier to the crew and notes that the dials go up to eleven.
- A spinal tap is another name for a lumbar puncture, which is a medical procedure that involves inserting a needle into the spinal canal.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Introduced.