Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Spore Bat and the Spore Skeleton are different from all other Glowing Mushroom biome enemies in that they require the player to be in the biome, i.e., there need to be at least 100 related tiles nearby. In contrast, the other enemies only require a single block of Mushroom grass to spawn on.
- Spore Bats, as well as Jungle Bats, Cave Bats, and Hellbats have an unused frame in the animation that seems to depict a Spore Bat hanging upside down. This may mean that bats were originally planned to be able to hang on ceilings but was later decided against.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Spore Bat may be a reference to White Nose Syndrome, a disease caused by an invasive fungus that has devastated many North American bat populations.
- The Bestiary entry for the Spore Bat: "The tables have turned on a variety of rabid bats, themselves enwrought with a deadly fungal infection."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]