|Tooltip||Grapple onto trees like a real squirrel!|
'In the tree, part of the tree'
- Squirrel Hook
The Squirrel Hook is a pre-Hardmode grappling hook sold by the Zoologist for 2 at any time. It launches a single hook that reaches 19 tiles, and functions identically to a normal grappling hook, but will also attach to the trunks of trees and Giant Glowing Mushrooms.
- Early in development, it was planned for hooks to grapple to trees normally. However, this feature was later scrapped, because Redigit found that it "interfered with gameplay in an annoying way". This feature has since been added as the Squirrel Hook's unique feature.
- The tooltip is a reference to the episode "Up a Tree" from the American fantasy animated television series Adventure Time, in which the phrase is chanted repeatedly by a squirrel.
- Some parts of bent palm trees do not align with the tile grid; these parts do not allow the Squirrel Hook to attach. This is likely to avoid visual issues.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 184.108.40.206.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.
- Terraria's 8th Anniversary - Ask Redigit and Cenx! May 20, 2019