|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Creates grass on dirt|
Increases alchemy plant collection when used to gather
The Staff of Regrowth is a unique planting tool that can be found in Jungle Crates (19% chance), and also in Ivy Chests (22.5% chance) located in Jungle Shrines and at the base of a Living Mahogany Tree in the Underground Jungle. It increases the yield of herbs and seeds when harvested. When harvesting plants from Clay Pots or Planter Boxes, only blooming herbs that would drop seeds can be cut. When harvesting plants from natural blocks in Singleplayer mode, immature sprouts will be destroyed and plants that are fully grown but not in bloom will drop seeds.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
- Despite being found in the Jungle, the Staff of Regrowth does not grow Jungle Grass on Mud Blocks.
- If grass is grown near lava, it will revert to dirt after a few moments.
- Using the staff to collect Glowing Mushrooms will not yield extra Glowing Mushrooms or Mushroom Grass Seeds.
- Grass placed below depth zero will not naturally spread and will not grow tall grass or fuzz.
- Unlike a weapon the auto swing will not hit herbs (even in bloom) unless they are directly targeted.
- Unlike a pickaxe the staff cannot harvest non-blooming herbs from pots even when directly targeted.
- When harvesting plants from natural blocks on a local server, plants that are not blooming will be destroyed without dropping anything.
- The Staff of Regrowth only harvests fully-grown Pumpkins.
- The Staff is the tool of choice to increase herb yields, especially from Farming.
- When harvesting plants from Pots and Planter Boxes, an auto-swinging staff will only collect blooming herbs at remarkable speed, and leave the other variants unaffected. This guarantees a yield of Seeds and also removes the danger of wasting a plant by accident (i.e. when using a pickaxe).
- Over natural blocks, however, the Staff can harvest non-blooming versions of herbs, and even forces the full-grown versions to drop seeds. This is useful to get seeds for plants that bloom rarely, e.g. Deathweed and Fireblossom.
- The Staff may grow grass on any Dirt Block, no matter how deep it is. Unfortunately, grass has limited function underground. Past a certain point, Grass will not grow weeds or Dayblooms, and Trees will not mature.
- The Staff of Regrowth functions well as a trail marker in the Underground layer, as grass stands out well in the environment of grays and browns.
- The Staff of Regrowth can be used to indirectly spread Hallowed, Corrupted, or Crimson grass underground by growing grass near Pearlstone, Ebonstone, or Crimstone respectively.
- The Staff is useful for placement of Sunflowers in arenas, homes, etc. Sunflowers can be placed anywhere with just 2 grass-covered dirt blocks, and enough vertical space.
- The rate at which grass is created with the Staff is increased by the Brick Layer.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.