|Tooltip||Causes stars to fall and increases length of invincibility after taking damage|
- Hallow Star
The Star Veil is a Hardmode accessory that combines the functions of the Star Cloak and the Cross Necklace. The falling stars will pass through all blocks until reaching the player's altitude, at which point they continue falling until hitting solid blocks. It also doubles the duration of the invincibility a player is afforded after taking damage, from 2/3 of a second (0.67 s) to 1 1/3 seconds (1.33 s).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Star Cloak's, Mana Cloak's, Bee Cloak's and Star Veil's falling star effects do not stack with each other. The quantity and damage of falling stars from the effect will not be affected by having multiple equipped.
- The Star Veil provides the same effect as Cross Necklace, and their effects do not stack.
- The Cross Necklace will however stack with the Black Belt, Master Ninja Gear, Brain of Confusion, and the Holy Protection buff to extend the dodge invincibility period by 2/3 second to a full 2 seconds.
- The player's invincibility period is doubled when taking 1 damage (1/3 second by default and 2/3 second with Cross Necklace or Star Veil equipped).
- Both of its constituent parts are unique drops from Mimics.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Star Veil is recommended for melee players, who are more likely to take damage than ranged or magic classes.
- The falling stars deal magic damage, which means they can trigger the Spectre armor set bonus when hitting an enemy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now only creates stars when taking damage from enemies.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Stars now deal 75 damage and can ignore up to 25 enemy defense
- This damage is multiplied by 2x in Expert mode, and 3x in Master mode (the defense penetration remains unchanged)
- Now uses local immune frames, will not interfere with other piercing projectiles.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.