|Damage||80 / 70 (Melee)|
|Critical chance||14% / 4%|
|Use time||18 (Very fast)|
The Starlight is a Hardmode melee weapon that has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by the Empress of Light boss. While the ⚒ Use / Attack button is held, short-range light beams fire rapidly, at no mana or ammo cost.
Its best modifier is Legendary. However, its damage output with a Godly or Demonic modifier is exactly the same.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The beams are not able to deal damage to enemies through blocks, unless the enemy itself is able to pass through blocks.
- Despite being able to get speed modifiers, it is completely unaffected by those and melee speed bonuses.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The quick attack speed and infinite piercing of the weapon allow it to quickly defeat hordes of enemies on the ground.
- This is an efficient weapon for farming slow-moving bosses like Plantera, Ogre, and Golem, killing them in seconds.
- However, it is not reliable as a main weapon against bosses because of its short range. It should be used alongside a powerful projectile melee weapon.
- With the Legendary modifier, and when used against a single target, it is able to reach a DPS of around 1,100 with no additional equipment.
- Due to its rapid attack rate, it is an effective weapon for killing the Dungeon Guardian.
- It is roughly as powerful as the Solar Eruption within its effective range, though its range is much shorter.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Starlight can be considered a Hardmode version of the Gladius, due to its similar attack style.
- As the weapons that the Empress of Light drops are based on her attacks, the Starlight seems to be based off of her Sun Dance.
- The beams created by the Starlight use the same sprite as those created by the Rainbow Crystal Staff.
- The weapon itself seems to be a rapier, a thin sword popular in Western Europe used for thrusting.
- Like the Last Prism, the Starlight has secret color themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names:
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Red Alchemystics Red/Pink/Purple Antithesis Light Blue/Black Aurora3500 Purple/Blue/Green Cenx Pink/Green Criddle Yellow/Orange Crowno Purple Darthkitten Red/White darthmorf Dark Red/Black Discipile Yellow/Orange Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue/Black Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Green/Yellow Jenosis Yellow/Red/Pink Kazzymodus Green/Black Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Red/Pink/Blue Leinfors Purple Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Green Mid White/Red/Black Nike Leon Orange/Red ppowersteef Yellow/Red RBrandon Dark Orange Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Red Unit One Blue/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple Waze3174 Red/Yellow/Green Xman101 Orange/Black Yoraiz0r Pink Zoomo Purple
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 70 to 80.
- Now has a bonus 10% critical strike chance.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.