|Damage||80 / 70 !!Error: Invalid EICONS input! (Melee)|
|Critical chance||14% / 4% !!Error: Invalid EICONS input!|
|Use time||18 (Very fast)|
The Starlight is a Hardmode melee weapon that has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by the Empress of Light boss. While the ⚒ Use / Attack button is held, short-range light beams fire rapidly, at no mana or ammo cost.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The beams are not able to deal damage to enemies through blocks, unless the enemy itself is able to pass through blocks.
- Despite being able to receive modifiers which boost speed, the Starlight is completely unaffected by those and other melee speed bonuses.
- The quick attack speed and infinite piercing of the weapon allow it to quickly defeat hordes of enemies on the ground.
- The Starlight is an efficient weapon for farming large, slow-moving enemies and bosses like Plantera, Ogre, and Golem, killing them in seconds, however it is not reliable as a main weapon against most enemies in general because of its short range. It should be used alongside other weapons with longer range.
- With the Legendary modifier and when used against a single target, it is able to reach a DPS of around 1,100 with no additional equipment.
- Due to its rapid attack rate, it is an effective weapon for killing the Dungeon Guardian. Although, given the short range of the Starlight, and the contact damage dealt by the Guardians, it may be unwise to attempt.
- It is roughly as powerful as the Solar Eruption within its effective range, though its range is much shorter.
- Although the Starlight visually resembles a sword and has a similar attack motion to shortswords, it is not classified as one. The following differences set it apart from all shortswords:
- It creates projectiles.
- The sword itself does not do any damage – the projectiles do.
- Its range is much longer than that of any shortsword.
- It is not available in pre-Hardmode.
- For these reasons, it is instead classified as a projectile melee weapon.
- As the weapons that the Empress of Light drops are based on her attacks, the Starlight seems to be based off of her Sun Dance.
- The beams created by the Starlight use the same sprite as those created by the Rainbow Crystal Staff.
- The weapon itself seems to be a rapier, a thin sword used for thrusting that was popular in Western Europe.
- Like the Last Prism, the Starlight has secret color themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names:
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Red Alchemystics Red/Pink/Purple Antithesis Light Blue/Black Aurora3500 Purple/Blue/Green Cenx Pink/Green Criddle Yellow/Orange Crowno Purple Darthkitten Red/White darthmorf Dark Red/Black Discipile Yellow/Orange Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue/Black Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Green/Yellow Jenosis Yellow/Red/Pink Kazzymodus Green/Black Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Red/Pink/Blue Leinfors Purple Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Green Mid White/Red/Black Nike Leon Orange/Red ppowersteef Yellow/Red RBrandon Dark Orange Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Red Unit One Blue/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple Waze3174 Red/Yellow/Green Xman101 Orange/Black Yoraiz0r Pink Zoomo Purple
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 70 to 80.
- Critical strike chance increased from 4% to 14%.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.