Every new world contains a random assortment of 43 Statues, which are generated underground in every Biome. These statues represent various NPC's, Monsters, Weapons, Items or Characters. Currently, there are 13 statues capable of spawning monsters and/or items: Bat, Bird, Bomb, Bunny, Chest (Mimic), Crab, Fish, Heart, Jellyfish, Piranha, Skeleton, Slime, and Star. Additionally the King and Queen statues can be used to teleport NPC's based on gender.
This is done by taking a wrench, placing wires around it, connecting it to a Pressure Plate, switch or lever, and pressing whichever was used (Pressure Plate, Switch or Lever). Connecting it to a Timer will cause it to continuously spawn the item.
For example, if it is a bomb statue, the statue will spawn a bomb (Item version, not activated). If it is a king statue/queen statue, the statue will teleport NPCs to you (depending on the NPC's gender). This is a great way to recover the Goblin Tinkerer, the Wizard, and the Mechanic from dangerous areas.
All statues take up 2 blocks when placed on the ground and some of them are 3 blocks high. While placed statues are not affected by lava, lava will destroy them if they are tossed in.
- Angel Statue
- Anvil Statue
- Armor Statue (craftable)
- Axe Statue
- Boomerang Statue
- Boot Statue
- Bow Statue
- Corrupt Statue
- Cross Statue
- Eyeball Statue
- Gargoyle Statue
- Gloom Statue
- Goblin Statue
- Hammer Statue
- Hornet Statue
- Imp Statue
- Mushroom Statue
- Pickaxe Statue
- Pillar Statue
- Pot Statue
- Potion Statue
- Reaper Statue
- Shield Statue
- Spear Statue
- Sunflower Statue
- Sword Statue
- Tree Statue
- Woman Statue
Monster Spawning Statues
- Bat Statue - Summons up to three* Bats. Summoned Bats can drop** Depth Meter and Chain Knife.
- Bird Statue - Summons up to three* Birds that fly away depending if the player is east or west of the Bird.
- Bunny Statue - Summons up to three* Bunnies.
- NOTE: If you activate the bunny statue during a blood moon, it will spawn Corrupt Bunnies. They may be farmed for the usual drops** (Since 1.2, they won't drop coins anymore). There is no limit to how many Corrupt Bunnies can be summoned at one time.
- Chest Statue - Summons up to three* Mimics, (The type depends on the depth the statue is at). Summoned Mimics will not drop** anything, but they will occassionally drop the Mimic Banner, which is worth 2 silver.
- Crab Statue - Summons up to three* Crabs. Summoned Crabs can drop** [[Crab Banner].
- Fish Statue - Summons up to three* Goldfish that drop goldish and rarely a goldfish banner
- NOTE: If you activate the fish statue during a blood moon, it will spawn Corrupt Goldfish. There is no limit to how many Corrupt Goldfish can be summoned at one time. Corrupt Goldfish summoned in this way can no longer be farmed for coins.
- Jellyfish Statue - Summons up to three* Blue Jellyfish. Summoned Blue Jellyfish drop** Glowsticks, Jellyfish Necklaces, and Jellyfish Banners on death
- Skeleton Statue- Summons up to three* Skeletons. Summoned Skeletons drop** Hooks on death (4% rate). They also drop Bone Swords, Ancient Gold Helmets, Ancient Iron Helmets, Skeleton Banners, and Skulls.
- Slime Statue - Summons up to three* Blue Slimes. Summoned Slimes drop** Gel on death, as well as the Slime Banner, occassionally.
- Piranha Statue - Summons up to three* Piranhas. Summoned Piranha can drop** hooks , a robot hat, and rarely a Piranha Banner on death.
*: Only three spawned monsters (of one Type) may be alive at once. **: The Monster(s) will drop small hearts and small mana stars under the usual conditions. They will never drop Coins. [Confirmation needed: Will drop seasonal items (like Presents) as usual]
Item Spawning Statues
- Bomb Statue - Summons one bomb. There is a delay of ≈10 seconds until it can summon a bomb again. Up to three bombs can be spawned at a time, though.
- Heart Statue - Summons one Heart. Due to the ten second spawn timer, a large number of heart statues are necessary to be effective. The statue also will not spawn a heart if there are 10 or more hearts anywhere in the world, 6 or more hearts within 100 blocks (800 pixels), or 3 or more hearts within 36 blocks (300 pixels).
- Star Statue - Summons a blue star, which will regenerate 100 mana points. The statue will not spawn a star if there are 10 or more stars anywhere in the world, 6 or more stars within 100 blocks (800 pixels), or 3 or more stars within 36 blocks (300 pixels). This statue also suffers the 10-second spawn timer.
- King Statue - Teleports male NPCs to the King Statue's current location.
- Queen Statue - Teleports female NPCs to the Queen Statue's current location.
If you're hunting for statues, one of the best ways to find them is to create a new world and look for nearby natural caves. If they're deep enough, they could easily lead you to several statues, most often found in 'abandoned houses' and sometimes in glowing mushroom caverns.
- When powering multiple statues with the same effect that are in close proximity to each other, e.g. 2 Bomb Statues, they will be limited to producing 3 items altogether. So at first they will produce 2 bombs at the same time then if you don't pick them up the next time only 1 bomb will be produced, then after that no more bombs will be created until the first 3 are picked up.
- The Goldfish Statue can be surprisingly profitable. If you hook it up to a 1 second timer it will automatically produce a goldfish every second. You can then set up a trap that will automatically kill the goldfish as they are created. Shallow lava works well just be careful setting it up because if you break your statue it could fall in the lava and be destroyed. Dart traps could also work although they have a 3 second delay, but since it can pierce through all 3 goldfish in one shot you may be able to time it perfectly. Goldfish sell for 1 silver each. Used in the same pool as a jellyfish statue, with just enough room for both equals instant death for the goldfish. The Jellyfish Statue will also sometimes drop the Jellyfish Necklace, which sells for 1 gold.
- Other profitable statues include the Jellyfish Statue (drops the Jellyfish Necklace), the Bat Statue (drops the Depth Meter), the Skeleton Statue (drops hooks, the Bone Sword, the Ancient Gold Helmet, and the Ancient Iron Helmet), and the Piranha Statue (drops hooks).
- A good idea for spare statues, or those that are only used for decoration, is to use them in the organization of player storage. This is a much better alternative to using signs, as players will easily know where they may have stored certain items and they won't have to read the signs to check either. For example; Use the sword statue to symbolize 'Weapon' storage.
- If you decide to wire your item-spawning statue with a lever and timer setup, an additional item can be spawned by immediately switching off the lever as an item is spawned. This trick doubles the amount of items spawned in the same amount of time.
- There is a bug where when a statue, chest, or life crystal is placed on top of stone in water and broken with a hammer, it will duplicate. It does not work all the time.
- Statues no longer become Armor Statues when broken from the top or by explosives.
- Added to the game.