- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Ivy(Only if name is Whitney)100%
- Internal NPC ID: 178
On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, Switch version, and tModLoader version, the Steampunker will attack nearby enemies using a Clockwork Assault Rifle and High Velocity Bullets for defense.
|Steampunk Hat||150||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Steampunk Shirt||150||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Steampunk Pants||150||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Jetpack||40||During the moon phases 5–8:|
|Solidifier||10||During the day.|
|Blend-O-Matic||10|| Always available. |
|Flesh Cloning Vat||10||In Crimson worlds.|
|Decay Chamber||10||In Corruption worlds.|
|Ice Machine||10||When spoken to in an Ice biome.|
|Sky Mill||10||When spoken to in Space.|
|Honey Dispenser||10||When spoken to in the Jungle.|
|Bone Welder||10||When spoken to in a Graveyard.|
|Living Loom||10||If the player has a Living Wood Wand in their inventory.|
|Steampunk Boiler||10||If the Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu, and Skeletron have been defeated.|
|Purple Solution||25||During a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse in Corruption worlds.|
|Red Solution||25||During a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse in Crimson worlds.|
|Blue Solution||25||When spoken to in a Hallow or Underground Hallow. (When there is no Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.)|
|Green Solution||25||When spoken to in any other biome. (When there is no Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.)|
|Steampunk Minecart||10||Always available.|
|Steampunk Goggles||3||During Halloween.|
|Steampunk Wings||3||After defeating Golem.|
|Logic Gates||2||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (Off)||10||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (On)||10||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (Faulty)||2||Always available.|
|Static Hook||50||Always available.|
|Conveyor Belt||5||Always available.|
|Any Pylon||10||When in a specific biome and is happy enough.|
Living preferences 
For more information, see NPC happiness.
- The Steampunker's move-in requirements do not expressly require a world to be in Hardmode. Summoning and defeating a mechanical boss in a pre-Hardmode world will allow the Steampunker to move in, though this can only be legitimately achieved by carrying over resources from an existing Hardmode world.
- If summoned into a pre-Hardmode world this way, the Steampunker will not sell Cogs or the Steampunk Minecart until Hardmode has been attained in the given world.
- The Steampunker being a starting NPC in CelebrationMK10 worlds means that it is possible to get most mechanical items legitimately in a pre-Hardmode world without transferring them from a Hardmode world, and can be used to gain the Jetpack in pre-Hardmode, as well as have access to Teleporters and Asphalt Blocks for arenas in pre-Hardmode.
- Re-defeating the Eye of Cthulhu and Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu may be necessary to buy the Steampunk Boiler after the Steampunker arrives.
- The Steampunker does not sell Dark Blue Solution if moved to the Glowing Mushroom biome. It is sold by the Truffle instead.
The Steampunker may have any of the following names:
When Cyborg is present:
When Pirate is present:
During a Blood Moon:
During a Party:
During Rain :
During a Thunderstorm:
During a Windy Day:
When in a Graveyard:
Happiness quotes 
When far from home:
When in a sparse area:
When in a Desert:
When in the Jungle:
When near the Cyborg:
When near the Princess:
When near the Painter:
When near the Party Girl:
When near the Wizard:
When near the Dryad:
- Steampunk is a sci-fi/fantasy term used to describe a subculture that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.
- The Steampunker occasionally talks about becoming an air pirate. Air pirates are a staple of the steampunk genre.
- The Steampunker can be seen working on the Cyborg in the credits.
- The Steampunker was sprited by former artist Sarah "Waffles" Data.
- One of the Steampunker's possible names, Whitney, is also the name of Cenx, a Terraria developer and Redigit's wife.
- If the Steampunker is killed, she will drop the Ivy if her name was Whitney.
- The name Minerva is a reference to the Roman goddess of handicrafts and wisdom.
- The name Zelda may be a reference to the Nintendo game series The Legend of Zelda.
- The name Ada is a reference to the 19th century English mathematician and writer Ada Lovelace, who pioneered work on Charles Babbage's "computer."
- One of the Steampunker's quotes regarding the Pirate comments states that he seems to be "pretty well over the bay," which is a 19th century Celtic phrase meaning drunk.
- The Steampunker is the only Hardmode NPC that can also be obtained in a pre-Hardmode world.
- The quote "I prefer the wide open spaces here in the Desert, great for jetpack joyrides!" is a reference to the mobile game Jetpack Joyride.
- She most likely has a Cockney accent, judging by the way she speaks. The accent is typically associated with steampunk themes. However, when talking about NPC's she dislikes, she uses the word "dinnae" which is a Scottish word meaning "did not" or "do not".
- Her quote, "I'm mighty curious about that <name of Cyborg> fellow. By what manner of consumption does he maintain such locomotion?" implies that she doesn't know the Cyborg very well, despite the Bestiary entry for the Cyborg stating that he was built with the combined efforts of the Mechanic and the Steampunker.
- The Bestiary entry for the Steampunker: "The Steampunker has a particular taste for steam-fueled machinery and gadgets. She sells her gizmos with an endearing accent."
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Now sells Decay Chamber, Steampunk Minecart and Pylons
- Now drops Ivy upon death if named Whitney.
- Removed the period in the Party quote.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Now sells Static Hook, Conveyor Belt, Logic Gates and Logic Gate Lamps.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Now sells Steampunk Wings.
- No longer sells Solidifier.
- Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where Cogs could be overwritten by another item in the Steampunker's shop.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Now sells the Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Fixed a typo in the Steampunker dialog about the Pirate (it used to read "if you know what mean" without the "I").
- Fixed a typo that caused the Steampunker to rarely drop the Bezoar upon death.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Now sells Steampunk Goggles during Halloween season.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier. ()
- Console 1.06: Now sells the Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Console 1.02: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Now sells the Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
- Private Yankee Doodle, by Joseph Plumb Martin, edited by George F. Scheer. Originally published in 1830. Little, Brown & Co, 1962. Eastern Acorn Press, 1988. Page 145