Stone Blocks are a type of block that composes most of the world. Found mostly underground, they compose the majority of the Cavern and Underground layers. Deep underground, Stone Blocks can generate with Moss growing on them.
After Hardmode is activated in a world, nearby Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed blocks can spread through Stone Blocks, changing them into Ebonstone, Crimstone, or Pearlstone respectively. Ebonstone and Crimstone Blocks can be returned to normal with Purification Powder, whereas Pearlstone Blocks require Vile or Vicious Powders. All three types can also be transformed back into regular Stone Blocks with the Green Solution.
total: 7 row(s)
- When an altar is smashed, there is a
66.67*2/3 (66.67%) chance of a stone block in the Cavern layer to be selected at random and transformed into an infected version, either Pearlstone, or (depending on the world evil) Crimstone or Ebonstone.
- Due to biome infection in general, it is usually wiser to avoid building with plain stone blocks, lest your base or other construction be infected. Instead, stone can be crafted into one of the many available bricks and brick-like blocks, and those used for building. Bricks, slabs, and similar crafted blocks cannot be infected, and can help block the spread of those biomes.
- In particular, Stone Slabs can be produced 1:1 from stone, while Gray Bricks cost 2 stone for each brick; both require no other ingredients and keep stone's basic gray color.
- If the original texture of stone is needed, Active Stone Blocks appear identical to stone but are incorruptible; if no wires are placed on them, their special feature is irrelevant. Making them in quantity can become expensive due to the wire needed, but wire (and Active Stone Blocks themselves) can be harvested from various "natural" traps.
- The look when stone is mined is different from the look when stone is placed.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now used to craft more items.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit was raised from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.2: Mining stone and other hard ores makes the sound of stone cracking now.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.