|Damage||12 (spear) / 15 (Storm Spear Shot) (Melee)|
|Use time||28 (Average)|
- Storm Spear
- Storm Spear Shot
The Storm Spear is a desert-themed spear obtainable in pre-Hardmode. When thrust, it fires a Storm Spear Shot, a small bolt of electricity that deals 125% of the spear's base damage and inflicts half its knockback. It can be found in Sandstone Chests in the Underground Desert, as well as in Oasis and Mirage Crates.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- Due to its high attack rate when direct contact is made with the spear, it proves to be quite an effective early-game weapon.
- It is also one of the first projectile melee weapons one can get access to, on par with the Ice Blade.
- The Storm Spear Shot projectile gives it a greater reach than other early-game spears, making it especially useful in Master Mode where keeping a distance from enemies and early bosses like the Eye of Cthulhu and King Slime is more important due to increased contact damage.
- When standing close a one-tile thick wall, the Storm Spear Shot can sometimes be shot through the wall.
- The more melee speed a player has the further distance they can shoot through walls, even able to reach up to 3 block thick walls with enough melee speed.
- It bears an obvious resemblance to the Thunder Zapper, a pre-Hardmode magic weapon which can also be found in Sandstone Chests in the Underground Desert.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 22.214.171.124.4.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.