Super Absorbant Sponge
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Capable of soaking up an endless amount of water|
- Internal Item ID: 3032
The Super Absorbant Sponge is an item that can be used to "absorb" water from the environment, causing water to disappear without storing it. It is awarded randomly by the Angler for completing fishing quests (1/70 chance after 10th quest in Hardmode).
A single Super Absorbant Sponge can be used limitlessly and is never depleted. It works only on water, and has no effect on other liquids.
The Super Absorbant Sponge can also drain water at a slightly faster speed than a standard empty bucket (especially when moving the cursor around while draining).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Super Absorbant Sponge below the surface of a water body briefly creates a pocket of air before the surrounding water can fill it in. If used over the player's head, the breath meter will be replenished, as the player's head will momentarily be considered to be out of the water.
- It can help keep the player from drowning when creating tunnels or exploring underground.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Bottomless Water Bucket / Bottomless Lava Bucket, counterparts which place infinite water/lava respectively.
- Lava Absorbant Sponge, an item which absorbs infinite amount of lava.
- Dry Bomb, a bomb which absorbs any liquid.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed typo in tooltip ("Capable of soaking up any endless amount of water").
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.