Super Dart Trap
|Placeable||√ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
- Poison Dart
The Super Dart Trap is a post-Plantera trap found inside the Jungle Temple and, rarely, outside the Temple's door. Like its lesser counterpart, the Dart Trap, it fires a dart when activated via wire, which costs no ammunition, but a cooldown period of 3.33 seconds / 3 seconds is required between firings. The dart is not affected by gravity and poisons the target, the poison lasting for 15 seconds and dealing 1 damage every half-second. The dart does less damage to the player at close range and roughly 80 damage to an unarmored player at further range.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with Dart Traps, a vertical column of Super Dart Traps will only deal the damage of one dart.
- While Super Dart Traps are commonly found in the Jungle Temple, usually only 15 can be found per large world temple.
- If there is a single block directly in front of a Super Dart Trap, the dart will be able to travel through that block.
- Unlike the normal Dart Trap, a Super Dart Trap will not benefit from critical strike chance bonuses.
- The projectile's speed and duration are identical to those of the normal Dart Trap projectile's – it travels at exactly 45 blocks per second, and will break after 60 seconds if it does not strike a block first, giving it a maximum range of 2,700 blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Super Dart Trap's graphic resembles a stylized stone head. Traps involving such heads firing darts out of their mouths are a common sight in popular culture, such as the Indiana Jones movies.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Super Dart Traps can no longer be broken with Explosives before Golem has been defeated.
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Desktop 1.2.1: Walls now correctly draw behind Super Dart Traps.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.