- Worm Pet
The Suspicious Looking Apple summons a Worm pet that lasts until the player manually cancels by using the Suspicious Looking Apple again, or the player dies. It is sometimes found in Chests and has a 10–30% drop chance from Devourers, 20% drop chance from Giant Worms, a 40% drop chance from Diggers, a 45% chance from World Feeders, and a ~5%Verify chance from an Eater of Worlds segment.
The Worm pet is the only pet that can speak, randomly uttering phrases depending on certain circumstances.
- "Boring!" – when standing still too long.
- "Bye bye!" – when the player dies.
- "Grenade!" – when throwing an explosive, such as a Grenade.
- "Incoming!" – when an event, such as a Blood Moon, begins.
- "Hup!" – the Worm will make a noise which appears to be that of minor exertion, this sound is played when it jumps.
- "Victory!" – sometimes, when the player kills three enemies (the count is accumulated).
- When the buff is active and the player dies, it drops a unique Tombstone: . Once freed, it cannot be placed, despite its tooltip saying so.
- The Suspicious Looking Apple is part of the Worms 3 crossover. In addition to being its design being based on the Worms franchise characters, the pet will don a red headband when flying too far from the player, similar to the Fire Punch attack from the Worms games. Its jump noise is also from Worms Revolution / Worms 3.
- It is one of two pets that can make noises, the other being the Companion Cube.
- Fittingly, all enemies that drop this item are worm-types.
- Similar to the Suspicious Looking Tentacle, the Suspicious Looking Apple is named as if it were a boss-summoning item instead of a pet-summoning item. However, unlike the Suspicious Looking Tentacle, it explicitly states it is a pet summon in its tooltip.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Made obtainable.
- Mobile 1.1.933: Introduced, but unobtainable.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.