|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Max Life||450/900/1350 |
|Banner||Swamp Thing Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 166
The Swamp Thing is a Hardmode enemy that spawns only during a Solar Eclipse, during which it is about as common as a Zombie. It moves very fast and occasionally stops in place, leaving it vulnerable to attacks. Swamp Things can open doors.
On the Old-gen console version and version, the Swamp Thing can drop the Broken Hero Sword, an item needed to craft the Terra Blade. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Swamp Thing will not drop anything besides coins.
- Rapid-fire weapons or weapons with high knockback will help deal with the Swamp Thing's fast speed.
- The Swamp Thing is a fictional character in American comic books published by DC Comics. He first appeared in July 1971 and had his first live adaptation in the 1982 American Technicolor superhero horror film Swamp Thing.
- When a Swamp Thing is killed on the Old-gen console version, the remains of a Zombie appear rather than those of itself.
- The Bestiary entry for the Swamp Thing: "Creeping from the depths of the darkest swamps, this algae-dripped beast desires to drown away anyone in his path."
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Sprite updated.
- No longer drops the Broken Hero Sword.
- No longer capable of opening Doors.
- Damage reduced from 80 to 70.
- Defense reduced from 32 to 26.
- Health increased from 350 to 450.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.