|Compatible with||Terraria 22.214.171.124|
TShock is server software offering a vast array of server tools, such as:
- Admin system to execute commands in-game
- Build protection
- Plugin support to get more commands or fixes
- Some minor fixes/tweaks to the vanilla server software
- Edit hidden world settings in-game
- Other features
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download the Latest Package of TShock from Github.
- If you are using Windows Vista or newer, simply right click the file, and click extract.
- If extract does not show up, or you are using an earlier version of Windows, you can use 7Zip (Free).
- Now run the TerrariaServer.exe from the extracted ZIP file and it will start the TShock server up.
- If using Linux
Certain versions of our releases contain incorrect directory names. Several releases incorrectly include a directory named 'serverplugins'. On windows this causes no issues, but on Linux it is a massive problem. If you are experiencing issues related to TShock not starting or no auth-codes (see the following section), please ensure that your serverplugin folder is called 'ServerPlugins'. If you run the server and get an error about a number needs to be between a min and a max then you need to delete the auth.lck file and restart TShock.
Becoming an Admin[edit | edit source]
- Run TerrariaServer.exe if you haven't already. This is your server.
- Select the world you want to use or create a new one.
- After selecting your world, you will be asked for input on 1 setting: server port.
- Note: Default settings are: Server port (7777). You may hit your ENTER key at each input to select the default setting in parenthesis ().
- Once the server starts the console window will have the following message: To become superadmin, join the game and type /auth [authcode]
- Run Terraria.exe, join your server, and enter: /auth [authcode]. This will give you the ability to create a user account on the server, giving you access to all commands. This gives you one time super user access. This is intended to be used once at the very start and every subsequent admin operation is done under a superadmin account.
- Note: In order to join your own server, you can enter: localhost or 127.0.0.1 (which are the same thing - assuming the server is being run on the same machine that you run Terraria), or you can use your own External IP address, which can be found simply by going to a website such as WhatsMyIP
- Next, enter: /user add [username] [password] superadmin
- Example: /user add john qwerty superadmin
- This will add a user to your server that a player can log into, allowing them access to admin operations. This is intended for server owner only, do not give your account credentials out to random people!
- Log in with the superadmin user you just created by entering: /login [username] [password]
- Example: /login john qwerty
- Finally, to remove the "auth" message on server startup, enter: /auth-verify
- Note that this account is your server's superadmin account. It has immunity to most things, as well as access to everything that you can do via console. We do not recommend giving out the superadmin group to your users. Make a seperate group for them and give them the permissions that you want them to have. These instructions explain how to setup your server and get an account ingame so that you do not have to use the console window. If you wish to give your users groups, and make admins please see the following section. For an in-depth walk through of all commands, please see the following guide. It is the definitive guide to 90% of the operation of TShock. Anything not listed there is a newer feature that has not been documented yet.
[edit | edit source]