Tall Gates differ from traditional Doors in the following ways:
- The Tall Gate's opening is 5 tiles in height, which is large enough to allow players on Mounts to pass through without dismounting (unlike Doors, which are only 3 tiles tall).
- Unlike Doors, Tall Gates do not occupy additional space when opened; hence blocks or furniture placed on either side will not prevent them from opening.
- Tall Gates come in only one variety (unlike Doors, which have a different version available for each furniture theme).
total: 1 row(s)
- Tall Gates can still be opened by NPCs, and can be forced open by some Hardmode enemies, and other enemies during events like a Blood Moon. Tall Gates require 5 hits from an enemy in order to be forced open.
- Tall Gates are less effective against keeping enemies out than Doors, thus making Doors more preferable for this use.
- Despite the item inventory sprite showing it from the front, like Doors, the Tall Gate is never actually displayed this way when placed, as it does not open to the side when in use.
- As an Iron/Lead Bar contains 3 Ores, this item is made from a 1:1 ratio of Wood to Ore.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed an issue where Doors, Trap Doors, and Tall Gates could render a house invalid if they were open.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.