- Internal Item ID: 3095
The Tally Counter is an informational accessory which displays how many enemies of a type have been killed. The Tally Counter will first display "Kill count unavailable" underneath the map/health area and after an enemy has been attacked, the text will display how many times that enemy has ever been killed by all players combined in that world. The kill count will only display the last enemy struck by the player or their minions. It will count deaths from world creation rather than from when it was equipped.
The Tally Counter is one of the three parts necessary to make the R.E.K. 3000, with the others being the Lifeform Analyzer and the Radar, and as such is a required ingredient in making the Cell Phone.
total: 1 row(s)
- This content is transcluded from Informational Accessories/note.Unlike most accessories, informational accessories such as the Tally Counter do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. The Tally Counter may be carried in the player's inventory without loss of functionality, unless equipped to a social slot. Additionally, the info it provides will be shared with nearby players of the same team in multiplayer. Keep in mind modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped.
- Each enemy's kill count is kept track of even before a Tally Counter is acquired.
- The Tally Counter displays "Kill count unavailable" for several different enemies:
- Certain Hardmode versions of pre-Hardmode enemies do not have a kill count, and will instead share the kill count and banner of their pre-Hardmode counterpart, e.g. Giant Worms and Diggers.
- The kill count displayed by the Tally Counter is separate from the kill count used by the Bestiary.
- It can be useful when trying to acquire a specific enemy banner, which drop in increments of 50.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.