The Target Dummy is a furniture item that serves as a test target for player attacks. It can be attacked repeatedly by players, displaying damage numbers just as enemies would, in order to test the effective damage output of a weapon as affected by any modifiers, current buffs, or equipped boost items. The Dummy is indestructible, regardless of the amount of damage it takes. It can be freed using any pickaxe.
The Target Dummy will also display damage and visual effects caused by damage-producing debuffs, allowing players to test their damage output, frequency, and duration. Though it visually recoils when struck, the Target Dummy is unresponsive to knockback and will never move.
total: 1 row(s)
- The Target Dummy has 0 defense. As enemy defenses lower player-inflicted damage values, the damage values displayed when hitting a Dummy are only base values for the purposes of comparison, and will not usually represent the actual damage effectively inflicted on enemies during combat.
- The Target Dummy has an associated entity, which can despawn, making the dummy unresponsive. It can also be moved by Teleporters and hoiks, and will fall down if there are no blocks below.
- The Target Dummy will not attract homing weapons or the attacks of most minions, though the Stardust Cell's ranged attack will affect it, and minions that harm on contact such as the Stardust Dragon or Deadly Sphere will deal damage as they pass through. The Chlorophyte armor set bonus will target the Dummy only when the player wearing the armor is attacking it. Weapons that invisibly target enemies themselves, such as the Medusa Head or Magnet Sphere, will also fail to function against them.
- Many special effects that occur on damaging an enemy, such as the homing pumpkins of The Horseman's Blade, and the extra projectiles provided by the Phantasm, will fail to activate against Target Dummies.
- Using the Life Drain on the Dummy will grant the Life Drain buff, and wearing a full set of palladium armour will give you the rapid regeneration upon striking it.
- The Target Dummy has a death sound, but it can not be killed.
- A Target Dummy will still recoil if hit by a weapon with no Knockback like the Wand of Sparking.
- There can be up to 100 target dummy entities active at a time.
- DPS Meter, an accessory showing wearer's damage per second, useful for testing damage on Target Dummies
- Mannequin and Womannequin, similar dolls that cannot be damaged but can be used to display armor, vanity items and accesories
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed an issue where Target Dummies permanently became invisible.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.732.3: Fixed an issue where placed training dummies and item frames would prevent a saved world from loading.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Target Dummies no longer activate Titanium armor's set bonus or benefit from lifesteal and Spectre armor.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.