|Buff tooltip||How do you defeat a mini Minotaur?|
- Mini Minotaur
The Tartar Sauce is a pet-summoning item that spawns a Mini Minotaur to follow the player around. It is dropped from Iron and Mythril Crates with an approximative chance of
4.8*6/125 (4.8%). Its yellow eyes glow in the dark, but it produces no other light. When the player gets too far away from it, it will twirl its axe and fly to them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is a reference to Tobuscus' song, Mini Minotaur, in which it is said that one needs tartar sauce to kill a Mini Minotaur.
- Its appearance, the red loincloth and the hammer, is probably a reference to the Maulotaur from Heretic and especially Hexen, where the Maulotaur can be summoned by the player to aid them in combat.
- In the 3DS version, instead of saying Mini Minotaur, it says BUFFNAME (136) and for the tooltip it says BUFFTIP(136)
- In Greek mythology, the Minotaur is a mythical creature with the head and tail of a bull and the body of a man. He dwelt at the center of the Labyrinth, and was eventually killed by the Athenian hero Theseus.
- In Greek mythology, Tartarus was the Abyss from which many monsters emerged. While the Tartar in both of the names may be a coincidence, it could be a reference.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed a bug where the Mini Minotaur's flying animation wasn't animated properly.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.12773: Fixed a bug where it failed to summon the Mini Minotaur.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]